We are going to look at the best whey protein supplements in the Indian market this year 2021. There are over thousands of products on the market and this post will help you to buy the best authentic product in the fitness industry.
Whey is a type of protein found only in milk. It is extracted from milk during the process of making Cheese or even it can be separated from Casein(another source of protein in milk). Whey contains all the 9 essential Amino acids which are needed for building muscles.
Why Whey Supplements?
You can also acquire your daily protein intake with the natural sources of protein like eggs, chicken breasts, fish, etc. Then why we need whey supplements? Whey is a supplement that bridges the gap to meet your daily protein intake. Sometimes it’s hard to eat 5 more egg whites instead it’s easy to grab a protein shake.
Types of Whey
In the process of making cheese, we will be getting a by-product and that is called liquid whey. Then this liquid whey will be taken into a few processing techniques to increase the protein content in it, based on the processing technique whey is classified as
- Whey Concentrate:
After a decent amount of protein concentration is achieved, the liquid whey will be dried now to form whey concentrate powder. It consists of 80% protein and the rest 20% will be of fat and carbohydrates.
- Whey Isolate:
Then the whey concentrate will be taken into a furthermore refining process to reduce the fat, carbs, and lactose percentage in it to get whey protein isolate. Isolate powder will be containing mostly 90% or more protein percentage.
- Whey Hydrolysate:
It is then further processed in such a way as to remove the remaining carbs and fats, this is also called hydrolyzed whey and is considered to be the “pre-digested” form of whey. Will be helpful for people who are intolerant to lactose and digestive problems.
Now, let’s look at the authentic protein supplements which are available in our Indian market.
1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein
The one supplement which everybody can blindly trust is optimum nutrition ’cause it’s in the nutrition industry for more than 30 years and has a good tracking record.
It has a good mixability and texture. Comes in 11 different flavors, in that Extreme Milk Chocolate and Mocha Cappuccino are the best.
Note: If you are trying for the first time and confused with the flavors always go for chocolate irrespective of supplement brand.
2. MAXN Whey Protein
In India when it comes to supplements we have a belief that only imported supplements products are effective for muscle building. But it’s not true, Indians have a mindset that India’s supplement prices are cheap when compared to foreign supplements so that they can’t work effectively.
Actually, we are also performing well on supplements nowadays. The truth on the difference in price range is because import tax on foreign products is way much higher in rate this is the main reason for the price difference and nothing more than that. With this in mind, let us look at our next product MAXN.
MAXN from Maxgreen Nutravedics is one of the emerging supplements brands in India. Try this supplement and you’ll thank me later for sure. Check out their website as well maxn.in and check their product authenticity over here.
MAXN has the best line of products and comes with 12 flavors. Use it and you’ll not be left for other choices.
3. AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein
Price / 100 g
Now, you got a question – Why whey concentrate is cheap than isolate?
There is only one reason for cost efficiency here like as I said above whey concentrate is processed furthermore to get whey isolate.